Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Monthly Favourites: December

Another month has passed me by... I had a wonderful Christmas and I hope you did too! I will be posting my favourites of 2009 soon! It's going to be a tough decision, since I have tried so many great products this year -- but there are some that I just can't give up on and some that has become by HG... I'll also be posting my "holiday haul" sometimes this/next week... =D

Face:
Select Sheer Pressed Powder (NC30): Tried and true -- this is the only MAC product that I've ever hit pan and repurchased 3 or 4 times now. This is a great finishing powder that is lightweight and not cakey at all.

Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer (#8): Best concealer for scars and blemishes. Hands down. I tend to only buy/use concealers for my undereyes because I have been blessed with fairly flawless skin. However, my being impatient with my occasional acne has caused scarring which irrates the hell out of me. It's a slightly thick and full coverage concealer that sets nicely without looking cakey on the skin and just covers sooooooooooo well. Shade 8 is perfect for my complexion but a tad too dark for my undereyes. I use very little (pinhead size) and can't see myself run out of this any time soon -- but if i do I can see myself repurchasing it.

Eyes:
Diorshow waterproof mascara: This is one of the best mascaras I've used in terms of volume and length, however, I did have one problem with it and that it smudges like mad =( For a waterproof mascara, I don't appreciate that at all. I haven't tried it without undereye concealer though, because I think I am beginning to see a pattern when it comes to my waterproof mascaras and concealer -- and that if i wear concealer ... my mascara will smudge -- dunno why O_O

Make Up For Ever Sens'Eyes: This is a cream/lotion based waterproof make-up remover that is meant for sensitive eyes. This stuff is awesome and if it weren't so expensive, I'd be using it more often! I often avoid wearing waterproof make-up (mascara) because I really hate using oil-based removers... but this stuff is so gentle and does NOT leave a sticky/greasy feeling afterwards!

Lips:
Crazy Haute lipglass: This is the marbalized lipglass from the Colour Craft collection this past summer. I got this at the last MAC warehouse sale (that I did not blog about) and omg... I LOVE it! It's a great pinky/coral shade that is semi-sheer, but packs just enough punch. The lipglasses from this collection was lovely and I regret not getting all of them (I think I have half of them) -- they are all so smooth and the colours so delicious!

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 (mint): This is a vaseline-based lip balm with spf4 and is really soothing (probably because of the menthol). I have mint, but it comes in a bunch of flavours such as coconut, vanilla, mango, etc etc... I've been carrying it around with me since I got it and it's just so much more convenient when it's in a tube (vs. the Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm that's in a tin) and definitely more sanitary.

1 comment:

helen said...

MUFE Full cover concealer is awesome! well worth the money cuz it you get .5oz or 15ml which is half of the size of a typical foundation.