Monday, June 15, 2009

Paula Begoun Review: MAC - Studio Fix

"Studio Fix remains one of the top pressed-powder foundations available, despite several impressive entries from other companies. It has an exceptionally silky, talc-based texture that applies and blends like a dream. As usual, wet or dry application is possible, but using ths wet poses the risk of streaking. Dry application provides light to medium-full coverage. If you prefer this type of foundation and have normal to slightly dry or slightly oily skin, it is highly recommended. Almost all of the 37 shades are impressive (albeit repetitive) for a braod range of skin tones, but the following shades are best avoided due to pink, orange, or peach overtones: C6, NC42, NW30, NW40, NC40."

^_^!



My opinion: I personally hated Studio Fix and swapped mine away. I was not aware, when I first purchased this product, that this was a powder foundation. I asked for a pressed powder, and was given this. I guess the MA just wanted to take advantage of a noob at the time and sell me the more expensive item. Right away I found that it was a little different than the pressed powder -- yes more finely milled and silkier, but it was not what I wanted. I did not like the coverage or the way it sat on my skin at all -- I tried time and time again to make it work for me... applying it dry with a sponge/brush and applying it wet with the same tools -- it was just cakey and nasty on me...

(this is taken from my review of Studio Fix on MUA)

>_<

No comments: