Monday, April 27, 2009

Monthly Favourites: April

Face:
Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone:
I used this nightly until the period of my exams, when my schedule was just so out of wack and I didn't keep up with any particular routine -- resulting in tired and dull skin.
When I was using it on the regular though, I absolutely love this product. It's the only LE P+P of the Colour Ready collection (I need to officially confirm it with my MA, because there has been some mixed info floating around)... and I had picked up TWO of them during the warehouse sale. Now I'm thinking if I should pick up a third back-up O_O
In the long term, I haven't seen any significant improvement with my complexion, what I really like about this product is the finish it gives me -- smooth and matte. I only use this on my T-Zone (since there isn't a lot of product) and my regular primer on the rest of my face... it serves as a great oil-control product and a great primer.

Lips:
Viva Glam VI SE:
This is such a pretty lipcolour it really is a shame that it's limited edition. From what I heard this shade will be available for one year from the date of release (but don't quote me on that one). It's a very clean blue pink in a lustre finish that is "my lips but better". I discovered that I really love lustres (my first being VG V) although they vary in pigmentation, they all feel so smooth and moisturizing. What's great about the Viva Glam lipsticks as well is that every penny (not just a percentage) of all Viva Glam sales goes towards the MAC AIDS fund -- so you'll sure to look and feel good about the purchase =)

Smile Dazzleglass:
I knew before the collection was released in stores that I was going to pick this colour up. I am nore of a neutral type of girl when it comes to glosses and lipsticks -- my staple dazzleglass is Bare Necessity. Smile is more pink and has pink sparkle -- I personally don't find the dazzleglass as sticky as the lipglasses (although a lot of reviews state otherwise)... The sparkles make this gloss so multi-dimensional and this particular shade looks so great on its own or layered over an intence lipstick to sheer it out a little as well as giving it LOTS of shine.

Eyes:
Stars 'n Rockets:
I've wanted this for so long... and now that I have it, I can't believe I ever went without it. This has been my most warn shade for the month of April... it's just so UGH!!! beautiful!!! I love doing purple looks and have been heavily relying on my Cool Palette from the holiday collection -- SnR blows all my purples out of the water... I have a lot of MAC shadows... some for several years, but I have yet to hit pan with any of them... I can see this one being the first to hit pan out of all of my colours.

Red Velvet Shadestick:
I almost didn't get this -- I'm so glad I did! On it's on, this is such a vibrant (could be sheered out) fushia pink. This goes hand-in-hand with Stars 'n Rockets... the eyeshadow is already such a beautiful colour, but RV used as a base makes the e/s stand out even MORE... RV shadestick + SnR eyeshadow = my fave combination.

Nails:
China Glaze in Lubu Heels:
Even though this is a really dark polish that is better suited for fall/winter, I can't resist it. It can be easily replicated since it's just a black polish with red sparkles in it, but the infused red sparkles is JUST RIGHT and it just makes everything look so polished (no pun intended). Plus, this is currently the closest I will ever get to a pair of real Louboutins =P

No comments: