Sunday, April 12, 2009

Review: Studio Sculpt Foundaton SPF15


So like many people, I have been on a hunt for the right foundation for a VERY long time... it doesn't have to be HG... it just has to WORK. I can't say that my search is over however. The consistancy is lovely -- a thick cream/gel that glides on the skin nicely. I still haven't decided how to apply it though -- it seems that the 187 doesn't blend it smoothly enough... the 190 makes it a tad streaky... the 109 is near perfect BUT.. it sheds a lot (which i suppose has nothing to do with the finish on my face anyhow).

I am unfortunately inbetween shades (NC25/NC30), so it is twice as expensive for me, because it is required that i mix the two in equal parts (otherwise one is WAY too light and the other WAY too dark). The finish (for me) is lightly dewy... almost looks like MY skin... and makes everything very even and not mask-like... it has great coverage... but doesn't last as long as I would like.

The packaging is GREAT... I do believe that I will probably use NC30 alone during the summer months... but as for re-purchase -- altho i am quite happy with this product... it is unfortunate that i am inbetween shades and therefore have to buy TWO bottles... which makes it SUPER SUPER pricey for me -- we'll see =]

(4/5)

6 comments:

afra henna said...

thats good that you found ur foundation...am happy for you..i am still searching for mine.. i havnt tried the studio sculpt yet...i dont work and am a stay at home mom...so am saving up sum money to visit the mac store:D..hope that time comes soon:P

Lina said...

I'm glad to hear that it's working out well for you!!! So many have broken out from that foundation, which keeps me away from it :(

Michelle Trinh said...

sorry sandy im just replying to what u wrote on my blog.
OMG! THAT PERSON PISSED THE SHIT OUT OF ME! im use to haters but this one got me mad. especially when she said "thank you for the hair tutorials. you just lost a subscriber today" like it reallly was suppose to affect me somehow. i dont care if ppl unsubscribe, but i was so made that she called us amateurs (technically i am one) and that the annabelle contest is whack because for sure im gunna win. i dont know....

but the whole assumption that i have to subscribe to the any videos i watch is such bull.

sweetie1202 said...

hey~~~ so i got cakeshop exchanged for a new one AND i picked up butternutty! what colours have you tried pairing them with so far?

Sanderlees said...

to be honest, i've used red velvet more than the others (which is funny because that was the only one i WASNT going to pick up).. i do love butternutty tho!
with butternutty, I've mainly used neutrals... and once used it in my inner tearduct to brighten up my eye -- which looked great! =)

Anonymous said...

the 188 works really well for studio sculpt =)