Monday, January 04, 2010

Top 10 Beauty Tools of 2009

I originally was going to make one post for my top favourite products over the past year... but as I was making my list, I realized that it was getting a tad long, so I decided to divide it up into separate posts by categories.

Here are my top 10 favourite beauty tools of 2009!

Note: Products are not in order of importance

** Denotes "HG" status

Tools:
**217 brush: Incredibly versatile brush that is a must-have in every girl's make-up bag. It's great for an all over wash of colour, for the crease and blending. I won't be able to live without this.

239 brush: Basic shader brush that is dense yet soft. Really great for packing on colour (including pigments).

**109 brush: A contour brush that many people use for liquid foundation. Provides a flawless airbrushed finish -- I am planning on buying a second one.

181SE Brush: A small kabuki that is also great for foundation as well setting powder that is super fluffy and soft, yet full and dense.

252 brush: A large shader brush that I find great for the browbone area. I don't have the full size one which I know is much softer than my short-handled SE one.

Shu Uemura Lash Curler: All you need to do is read the reviews for this. It is almost everyone's favourite. It creates soft and natural curves to the lashes -- but not crimped. It's pricey, but it's not something you need to repurchase often, so it's worth it.

ELF Eyelish and brow wand: I use this A LOT to blend in my real lashes to my false ones as well as softening the colour I use to fill in my brows. Can't beat the price either.

**Bronzing Brush (flat top): (coastal scents/crown/royal) LOVE this brush -- thick, full and soft. The flat top helps with a more full coverage when using my MSF natural powder.

Quo Powder Brush: This was one of the very first make-up brushes I bought some 8 years ago and it's still going strong. A large, soft and fluffy brush that is great for loosely dusting setting powder all over my face. That is pretty much all I use this brush for. I'm still debating on whether to pick up the #134 paddle brush though for the same purpose.

Quo Blush Brush: Quo brushes are a great affordable alternative to MAC brushes that are soft and relatively well made. Plus they are often 40% off at SDM. Even though I have the #116 blush brush from MAC, I usually use this one for my blush and bronzers because it's a good size and very fluffy, so that it doesn't leave a concentrated streak on my cheeks and allows me to build intensity.

Disclaimer: All products mentioned were purchased by myself.

1 comment:

Arezu said...

Ooh, I'm going to pick up the Quo Blush brush, I've haven't had luck with Quo in the past, but I'm on a blush (and brushes) streak lately. (: